The next season of Game of Thrones starts July 16. In preparation, I’m re-watching the first six seasons of the show. Below are 15 thoughts I had while watching the seventh episode of season six, “The Broken Man.” Spoilers for the entire series, but for this episode in particular.
- I’m glad that, after a season and a half, we finally got an answer as to The Hound’s fate.
- If anyone threatened my grandmother, I’d claw their eyes out. I don’t know how Margaery resisted the urge.
- I was so glad when I saw that rose. For a while there I was afraid Margaery had gone over to the dark side.
- I missed Bronn this season. I hope we’ll see more of him in season seven.
- Edmure isn’t even a decent hostage. He’s such colossal screw-up the Blackfish is willing to let him die.
- Lyanna Mormont is not here for any bullshit. I love that about her.
- All those hours spent with Shireen have come in handy to Davos now that he’s trying to make an alliance with a 10 year old girl.
- It makes sense that each man in House Mormont fights as well as ten men, since their house sigil is a bear.
- I do hope Yara can help Theon regain some of his old confidence. He needs to find a balance between the guy he used to be and the broken thing Ramsay turned him into.
- I’m glad we got another LGBTQIA+ character on this show. Hopefully Yara doesn’t suffer the same fate as Renly, Oberyn, and Loras.
- Sansa sure developed a smart mouth during her time as Ramsay’s prisoner (I refuse to call her his wife).
- Normally I would be screaming at Sansa for, once again, putting her trust in Littlefinger. But at this point the Starks have nothing to lose.
- I always wondered where Arya got all that money from.
- The first time I saw this episode, I was so worried Arya was done for.
- Those men from the Brotherhood Without Banners are monsters. It’s always chilling when the show reminds us of how shitty the smallfolk have it by showing them being killed, robbed, etc…
One thought on “Game of Thrones Re-Watch: The Broken Man”
Ah, just working my own way up to that episode. Almost finished season 6, and I must hurry.