The new season of Game of Thrones starts July 16. As preparation, I’m re-watching the first six seasons of the show. Below are 10 thoughts I had while watching the seventh episode of season five, “The Gift.” Spoilers for the entire series, but for this episode in particular.
- I will miss Maester Aemon so much, but I’m glad he got a peaceful death. That’s so rare on this show.
- That poor old woman. All she wanted to do was help Sansa.
- Melisandre is a special kind of poison, wanting to sacrifice a sweet little girl.
- I guess it’s a good thing for the former masters that Daario isn’t the king of Meereen.
- Tommen is so easily manipulated. What boy of 15 listens to his mother that much?
- Looking back now, the use of the Long Farewell on Bronn is clearly foreshadowing to Myrcella’s death. Dornish women play dirty.
- One minute Littlefinger is asking Cersei to make him Warden of the North, and the next he’s selling her out to Olenna. He such a self-serving douche.
- Of course Daenerys just happens to be at the same fighting pit Jorah and Tyrion were taken to. Sometimes I have to laugh at the writing on this show. I mean, look at how many times we nearly got a Stark family reunion. How long before this sort of thing stops being a coincidence and start being part of a pattern?
- Cersei is such a smug bitch, going to gloat over the woman she had imprisoned.
- Cersei deserves being locked up. Its her fault the Sparrows are ruining Loras and Margaery’s lives.
One thought on “Game of Thrones Re-Watch: The Gift”
Cersei will get what’s coming to her.