The new season of Game of Thrones starts July 16. As a lead-up, I’m re-watching the first six seasons of the show. Below are 10 thoughts I had while watching the fourth episode of season five, “Sons of the Harpy.” Spoilers for the entire series, but for this episode in particular.
- Mace really is clueless if he thinks Cersei is sending him off to Braavos because she wants to honor him.
- Cersei is so awful, having the Sparrows go after Loras because she is losing Tommen to Margaery.
- While Joffrey was far too cruel to be a strong ruler, Tommen is far too nice.
- As if Melisandre wasn’t scary enough, now she’s quoting a dead woman.
- So we get this really touching scene with Stannis and Shireen, which is probably the only scene with Stannis I actually like him in, and now I know what he’s going to do to her soon.
- I agree with Bronn. After watching all the exciting deaths on this show, I want my death to be boring.
- Tyrion really does never shut up. I don’t blame Jorah for hitting him.
- Rhaeger probably would have been a good king, if he hadn’t allowed his desire for a woman to get in the way.
- The Sons of the Harpy really are terrible, slaughtering innocent people in the streets.
- Ser Barristan was such a brave man. He served Daenerys well and I will miss him.
One thought on “Game of Thrones Re-Watch: Sons of the Harpy”
Silence and occasional punches to the face…. poor Tyrion