The next season of Game of Thrones starts July 16. As preparation, I’m re-watching the first six seasons of the show. Below are 15 thoughts I had while watching the seventh episode of season two, “A Man Without Honor.” Spoilers for the entire series, but for this episode in particular.
- It just occured to me that Theon and Osha had sex in Ned and Catelyn Stark’s marital bed. I find that disturbing, considering Ned raised Theon.
- Interesting that Lorch was killed with wolfsbane, as the sigil of Arya’s house is a direwolf.
- In a series where women have almost no power, Arya is a true feminist. Although I hate that Tywin compares her to Cersei.
- Xaro is such a filthy liar.
- Maester Luwin had such a kind heart. He never stopped trying to save Theon from himself.
- Seems the loss of her dragons has finally taught Daenerys not to trust anyone.
- I feel for Sansa. Getting your period is bad enough without having to worry about being forced to breed with a monster.
- Robert really was a wonderful husband, wasn’t he? Of course, we know Cersei’s children weren’t actually his, but he didn’t, and here he was skipping their births.
- The relationships in the Lannister family are so messed up. If they aren’t sleeping together then they’re killing one another.
- I wonder how uncomfortable the actress who played Quaithe was in that costume.
- “Your dragons will bring the world nothing but death and misery.” – I really hope that is not true. Although knowing how morbid GRRM is, it might be.
- Tyrion is a much better brother to Cersei than she is a sister to him.
- “Tommen and Myrcella are good, decent children.” – And they both died tragic deaths at young ages because of a war their mother started.
- Those poor little boys. First they lose their parents, then they’re killed and burned beyond recognition before being put on display.
- And poor Maester Luwin, who thinks that those little boys are Bran and Rickon.
One thought on “Game of Thrones Re-Watch: A Man Without Honor”
I really love Sansa. She gets a lot of flack but I feel like her story is very tragic and her reactions to situation are realistic and believable. Hope she finally gets to rise up this season.